Huntington Ingalls Industries - Technical Solutions Division (HII-TSD) is seeking a college student to participate inElectrical Engineering internship program
A temporary position within HIIwhich prepares a college student for entry into the workforce by providing emphasis on training and gathering experience related to a student's educational discipline and which is applicable to the business needs of the company.
Education and Experience
- Must have a high school diploma and have completed at least 2 years of studies, and currently enrolled in an accredited College or University in an Electrical or Computer Engineering program.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Previous coursework in digital design, digital signal processing, and experience programming FPGAs.
- Knowledge of Xilinx development tools.
- Modeling and simulation experience using Matlab and Simulink.
- Knowledge of microcontrollers and their development tools.
- Experience utilizing electronic test equipment in a lab setting
- Ability to work on multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
- Individuals will need to have good communication and interpersonal skills to work in a team environment and be mature and self-sufficient.
- US Citizenship required.
Security Clearance: None
Telework - LimitedDiversity Statement
We are an EOE that values our employee's talent - regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or other protected characteristics - Your Talent Is Our Strength
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information. U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.
HII's Mission Technologies division develops integrated solutions that enable today's connected, all - domain force. Capabilities include C5ISR systems and operations; the application of AI and machine learning to battlefield decisions; defensive and offensive cyberspace strategies and EW; unmanned, autonomous systems; LVC solutions; platform modernization; and critical nuclear operations. Together, HIIs domain expertise and advanced technologies support mission partners anywhere around the globe. For more information, visit tsd.huntingtoningalls.com.
HII's is a global engineering and defense technologies provider. With a 135 - year history of trusted partnerships in advancing U.S. national security, HII delivers critical capabilities ranging from the most powerful and survivable naval ships ever built, to unmanned systems, ISR and AI/ML analytics. HII leads the industry in mission - driven solutions that support and enable a networked, all-domain force. Headquartered in Virginia, HII's skilled workforce is 44,000 strong.