Huntington Ingalls is currently seeking a motivated Systems Engineer to lead a team in the development of advanced systems and technology. As part of our Tactical Sensor Systems team, located in Syracuse, NY, you will be helping to advance leading edge electronics and communications technologies. We are looking for a candidate who is a self-starter and can work with minimal oversight.
The Lead Systems Engineer must be a "big-picture" thinker who thrives on solving challenging technical problems. You will be leading a multi-disciplinary team in the design, development, and delivery of products with a focus on the end-user/customer. The Lead Systems Engineer will regularly interface with, and coordinate the efforts of, a team consisting of software, digital, hardware, mechanical and product engineers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee and contribute to system analysis activities to develop system requirements and design specification
- Modeling and simulation of complex embedded systems
- Develop innovative algorithms and system architectures
- Perform data analysis, develop trade studies, and write technical memos
- Execute systems integration activities
- Oversee and provide direction to software, firmware, hardware, and test engineers
- Train and mentor junior engineers
- Characteristics of a successful candidate include attention to detail, creativity, focus on customer expectation, willingness to work outside comfort-zone, effective written and presentation skills.
- The Lead Systems Engineer will receive mentorship from Principal Engineers who will aid in career growth and development.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in the field of Electrical Engineering or similar with 10+years of industry experience.
- A team player with the demonstrated ability to successfully lead cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with customers, management, and peers.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot complex systems with an aptitude to find creative, logical, and effective solutions.
- Experience in system analysis, requirements derivation, and system design.
- Familiarity with radar and/or communication technologies.
- Experience with MATLAB for modeling and simulation with Simulink experience as a plus. Familiarity with Python or LabVIEW for rapid prototyping features and automating testing.
- Experience with DOORS or other requirements tracking software is a plus.
- Experience with Requirements flow down from system level to software, hardware and firmware is a plus.
- Ability to provide task break-down, duration estimates, project milestones during project planning. Ability to provide inputs to technical leads and project managers on programmatic and technical deliverables during program execution.
- Experience in concept creation and rapid-prototyping a plus.
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Program Bonus (pay grade: T10/Secret)
Security Clearance: Secret
Telework - Not EligibleDiversity Statement
We are an EOE that values our employee's talent - regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or other protected characteristics - Your Talent Is Our Strength
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information. U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.
HII's Mission Technologies division develops integrated solutions that enable today's connected, all - domain force. Capabilities include C5ISR systems and operations; the application of AI and machine learning to battlefield decisions; defensive and offensive cyberspace strategies and EW; unmanned, autonomous systems; LVC solutions; platform modernization; and critical nuclear operations. Together, HIIs domain expertise and advanced technologies support mission partners anywhere around the globe. For more information, visit tsd.huntingtoningalls.com.
HII's is a global engineering and defense technologies provider. With a 135 - year history of trusted partnerships in advancing U.S. national security, HII delivers critical capabilities ranging from the most powerful and survivable naval ships ever built, to unmanned systems, ISR and AI/ML analytics. HII leads the industry in mission - driven solutions that support and enable a networked, all-domain force. Headquartered in Virginia, HII's skilled workforce is 44,000 strong.