HII in Syracuse NY is currently seeking self-motivated, talented Software Engineers to design, develop, and test command, control, and communications software for leading edge ISR, SDR, and EW DoD products. Candidates will be expected to integrate into our multi-disciplinary teams to provide best-in-class solutions and products to a diverse customer baseline with a demanding and intriguing technical problem space. From high-level, self-hosted User Interface software and networking down to low-level Operating System or bare-metal software/drivers running on System-on-a-Chip CPUs/FPGAs/GPUs, HII offers an array of software development opportunities at all layers of the stack for rapid prototypes, new product design, and fielded hardware that protect and support the American warfighter and our nation's interests.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in all phases of software lifecycle, from requirements definition through design, development, integration, and test with minimal supervision
- Proficient in various object-oriented and functional programming languages (e.g. Embedded C/C++, C/C++, C#, Java)
- Apply state-of-the-art programming techniques, software design best practices, and software technologies
- Analyze and modify software systems by reverse-engineering, architecting, coding, installing, testing, debugging, and documenting designs/APIs
- Stand up development environment and platform application environment from scratch
- Familiarity with Real-Time operating systems or safety-critical software
- Proficient in industry-standard software documentation methods such as user stories, UML, Agile and supporting tools such as Doxygen, Bamboo, JIRA
- Guide customers and systems engineers in formulating software requirements, advise on alternative approaches, and conduct feasibility studies, as required
- Prepare and communicate daily status information in accordance with required software development lifecycles
- Independently derive requirements into actionable tasks
- Follow all company policies and guidelines, including familiarity with company-wide software practices
Education & Experience:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Systems or related discipline -OR- four (4) years demonstrated experience in full lifecycle software development to include requirements definition, design, development, peer reviews, unit testing, integration and test.
- Five or more (5+) years combined experience in the following:
- Software development in embedded C/C++
- Object-oriented design and analysis
- Authoring or coauthoring software documentation
- Must be able to work alongside a diverse, multi-cultural team and demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Candidates must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants will be subject to a government security investigation as needed.
- Currently hold a U.S. security clearance
- Experience in the DoD contractor space, especially maritime
- Experience in leading junior software engineers
- Strong background in embedded Linux kernels, filesystems, and custom device drivers
- Experience with communications and networking libraries in embedded Linux (e.g. networking stacks, Protocol Buffers/Protobuf/data serialization)
- Passionate about protecting the American warfighter
- Experience with RF communication links and/or radio systems.
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Program Bonus (pay grade: T8/None)
Security Clearance: None
Telework - Not EligibleDiversity Statement
We are an EOE that values our employee's talent - regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or other protected characteristics - Your Talent Is Our Strength
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information. U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.
HII's Mission Technologies division develops integrated solutions that enable today's connected, all - domain force. Capabilities include C5ISR systems and operations; the application of AI and machine learning to battlefield decisions; defensive and offensive cyberspace strategies and EW; unmanned, autonomous systems; LVC solutions; platform modernization; and critical nuclear operations. Together, HIIs domain expertise and advanced technologies support mission partners anywhere around the globe. For more information, visit tsd.huntingtoningalls.com.
HII's is a global engineering and defense technologies provider. With a 135 - year history of trusted partnerships in advancing U.S. national security, HII delivers critical capabilities ranging from the most powerful and survivable naval ships ever built, to unmanned systems, ISR and AI/ML analytics. HII leads the industry in mission - driven solutions that support and enable a networked, all-domain force. Headquartered in Virginia, HII's skilled workforce is 44,000 strong.