We are seeking a Tech Writer with a Bachelor's degree in a related field of study and at least 3 years of relevant experience. In this challenging, fast-paced environment, you'll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience to draft and develop technical publications and manuals in order to support the design and creation of the most groundbreaking aerospace and defense technologies - those that exist today and those that will shape tomorrow.
What to look forward to:
As a Tech Writer, you will be using your skills and expertise to work with subject matter experts, often on the hangar floor or in a systems integration lab, to obtain an in-depth understanding of a variety of systems necessary to meet the documentation requirements for our programs. You'll be responsible for developing our operations/maintenance manuals, supplements, and related documentation utilizing engineering drawings, block diagrams, wiring diagrams, schematics, and CAD drawings. You'll host recurring internal and external documentation review conferences to obtain changes, comments and feedback from various teams and incorporate them into future revisions.
At SNC's ISR, Aviation and Security (IAS) team we are a leading manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for high-performance intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, and aviation systems. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations and provide a turnkey approach to enable our customers to focus on their mission.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field of study and at least 3 years of relevant experience
- A higher level degree may substitute for experience
- Related experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- Advanced Adobe Acrobat expertise
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance required
- Military or civilian flight operations or maintenance background
- Experience writing or editing aircraft operations and/or maintenance technical manuals
- Experience working with various graphic file formats (i.e. .tif, .png, CGM-4, .ai)
- Advanced Adobe FrameMaker expertise
- Microsoft Word
- Professional experience in DoD contracting or similarly regulated industry
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America's fastest-growing companies. Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.